Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Satisfy me, Lord!

Read a couple of Psalms this morning and came across these gems:

16:5 The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup;
you hold my lot.
17:15 As for me, I shall behold your face in righteousness;
when I awake, I shall be satisfied with your likeness.


What a great prayer!

First: the Lord is my portion! Not just is He my portion - He is MY CHOSEN portion. There are plenty of "portion" choices. Especially for us who live in America. PLENTY! But, forsaking all other possible "portions", I CHOOSE God! He is my portion. Not money, not food, not women (or the lust thereafter), not anything else! May God alone be my portion!

Secondly: I shall be satisfied with your likeness! What a thing to say. What a tremendous satisfaction is Jesus!

May I be satisfied in Jesus and seeing His face!

No comments: