Wednesday, January 13, 2010

More of the same, only different

Haggai 2:4 Yet now be strong, O Zerubbabel, declares the Lord. Be strong, O Joshua, son of Jehozadak, the high priest. Be strong, all you people of the land, declares the Lord. Work, for I am with you, declares the Lord of hosts, 5 according to the covenant that I made with you when you came out of Egypt. My Spirit remains in your midst. Fear not.

In addition to reading in John a lot, I've also slowly been going through the minor prophets.

So I was in John 6 yesterday and Haggai this morning.

Haggai talks about God's covenant to restore his people. He tells them to get busy building his house because the time is coming for them to enjoy his presence in a real special way again! In this short prophetic book - we also see that a part of this is the promise to Zerubbabel that the line of David is still important to God. God says that kingdoms will be shaken and overthrown!

It all points to Jesus! God's presence - in a really really special way - with His people!!!!

And Jesus says that none who come to Him will be turned away.

God's desire is for us to be with Him. That is enough to baffle me. God WANTS me to be with Him. He wants me. And the promise is that I won't be turned away!

And it's all for His glory.

The people of God - living in and enjoying Him, and His presence with us - gives Him glory!!!! That's nuts!

Praise Him! Praise Jesus!

No comments: