Thursday, September 10, 2009

Micah the minor (prophet)

I've been looking at Micah (The Lawton Vineyard has been going through the minor prophets) lately. Actually, we just started last Sunday with Micah 1. We'll be moving on and looking at chapter 2 this week, but I probably could have spent three or four weeks just looking at and discussing chapter 1.

Anyhow... the part that I keep reading over and over in Chap. 2 is the last two verses:

12 "I will surely gather all of you, O Jacob;
I will surely bring together the remnant of Israel.
I will bring them together like sheep in a pen,
like a flock in its pasture;
the place will throng with people.

13 One who breaks open the way will go up before them;
they will break through the gate and go out.
Their king will pass through before them,
the LORD at their head."

The NIV gives these two verses the heading, Deliverance Promised.

I guess I've just been getting wrapped up lately in the knowledge that there IS deliverance. And not just the kind that comes from the king, but the kind that comes when the King comes lead us out himself.

Jared Wilson has a great post today - remember the events of 9/11 at the gospel driven church blog. Tragedy, failure, disappointments, sickness, pain, and all the other sorrows we deal with will come to an end. There is hope. Jesus - THE KING of kings and LORD of lords (Rev. 19:16) - is our mighty deliverer. Praise Him!

No comments: