Monday, September 28, 2009

Crazy Stuff there Mr. Chan

So - a while ago, Crazy Love by Francis Chan was the free audio book of the month on christianaudio.com. So, I was listening to it this morning. The book is read by Mr. Chan. I have to listen to it a little at a time and I am only about an hour into it thus far. But, so far, I'm enjoying it quite a bit. So far, I've been invited by Chan a few times to just stop and worship God. Stop, and stand in awe of the greatness of the glory of God.

About 39 minutes into part 1 of 4 is the following quote:

Both worry and stress reek of arrogance. They declare our tendency to forget that we've been forgiven, that we are headed to a place where we won't be lonely, afraid, or hurt ever again, and that in the context of God's strength our problems are small indeed. Why are we so quick to forget God? Who do we think we are?

This was really great for me to hear this morning. Our worry and stress reek of arrogance! Wow!

In other words, How dare we worry! How dare we let our own worries and stresses replace our worship of The Almighty God.

Thanks Francis Chan. Praise Jesus!

No comments: