Friday, September 4, 2009

Ecclesiastes

I was reading some in Ecclesiastes (Chapter 7)this morning and these few verses really caught my attention.

20 There is not a righteous man on earth
who does what is right and never sins.

21 Do not pay attention to every word people say,
or you may hear your servant cursing you-

22 for you know in your heart
that many times you yourself have cursed others.

29 This only have I found:
God made mankind upright,
but men have gone in search of many schemes.



God made mankind upright. We sure don't see it, do we? I don't. I see mankind not as upright, but as utterly wicked. ALL men have gone in search of many schemes.

He made us to be upright. And even though it is us who chooses time and time again to go off on our own "searches", HE still chose to redeem us.
No wonder we "feel" best when we "feel" upright in character. That's how we were made to be. That's how Jesus is.

Good stuff.

No comments: