Thursday, August 14, 2008

Proverbs 14

It's been several days since my last post. So, if for no other reason than to get on and post SOMETHING, I thought I'd share a couple of things from Proverbs 14, verses 8 & 35.

8
The wisdom of the prudent is to give thought to their ways,
but the folly of fools is deception.
35 A king delights in a wise servant,
but a shameful servant incurs his wrath.

I often think about how "being a Christian" means SERVING Christ. We are called to be servants, just like Jesus himself said that He came to serve, not to be served (Mat. 20:28).

So, I read Proverbs 14 this morning and, what do you know - there was some instruction on gaining wisdom and being a servant.

Giving thought to my ways is helpful if I want to be wise! Wow! Who'd of thunk? Making rash decisions and not giving thought can leave me deceived. Oh how many times I am guilty of that.
And, the last verse here makes it clear that God (THE King) doesn't just want servants. He wants wise servants. And, not only that, those who are servants can still incur his wrath. Yikes!

God, let me be your servant. Whatever that means. However you would have me serve. And, let me be a wise and delightful servant.

No comments: