Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Couple of quotes

Does my faith cost me anything? Do I ACTUALLY know what it means to follow Christ, insomuch that I deny myself and take up my cross?

If I answer no, should that be a cause for concern? I think it might ought to be.

Discipleship means adherence to the person of Jesus, and therefore submission to the law of Christ which is the law of the cross.

When one knows that God will have the final victory, then suffering along the way is put into a larger perspective. Sharing Christ's suffering comes as a package with sharing Christ's resurrection glory.
- these are both from "Missional Church: A Vision for the Sending of the Church in North America."

Matthew 10:38 - anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

Matthew 16: 24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it.

Yep, I think so.

No comments: