Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama rules

I did not vote for Obama. I disagree vehemintly with some of his policy. I was disappointed last night when his election victory was announced. The end.

Today there are a lot of people who, like me, did not vote for Obama who seem to be REALLY upset. According to some, our country/ economy/ way of life/ EVERYTHING is going to fall apart with Obama at the helm. People are really upset. (And, of course, those who wanted Obama to win are very happy). But those who didn't... Really, really upset.

I have to say that I don't feel the same. Don't get me wrong. I DID not want Obabma to get elected. But I don't believe that Obama's presidency is something to get SOOO upset about.

I did a quick biblegateway search for "rulers" and pasted the following three veses:


Colossians 1:16
For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and .for him


Titus 3:1
[ Doing What is Good ] Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good,

1 Peter 2:13
[ Submission to Rulers and Masters ] Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every authority instituted among men: whether to the king, as the supreme authority


To "do whatever is good" in relation to our rulers is to pray for them. To submit ourselves to them.


Ya see, God's supremicy, God's plan to bring about HIS glory, God's kingdom does not fail. God is not shocked by our nation or who we vote into leadership.

God will be glorified through Obama, as through everyone and everything else he has made. I think there are a lot of Christians who need help getting their heads out of certain holes and realize where their citizenship is SUPPOSED to be. Our job as Christians is to pray for our leaders. Not gripe and complain because the guy you wanted didn't get it.



This is the day. This is the day that the Lord has made. That the Lord has made. I will rejoice. I will rejoice and be glad in it!!!

No comments: